Welcome Message

Hello my dear reader,

Welcome to my blog, which is dedicated to Cisco technologies. On its pages we will talk about the limitless world of telephony and networking.

We will focus mostly on Cisco collaboration solutions and technologies. These are IP PBX based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, Cisco contact centers, Cisco Voice Gateways, etc. Also, I will introduce you the education news: Cisco authorized courses, my own developed training programs, our upcoming events, online learning.

If you have any questions regarding my posts, job or activities, please feel free to ask your questions. I will try to answer them when I have time.

If you are satisfied with the content of my blog, isn’t that worth a beer or coffee? Donations help me to continue supporting the blog and creating new posts here — things for which I spend hours of my free time! Thank you very much!

Sincerely, Dmytro Benda

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Unlock CUCM Application Administration account

This post I'd like to write mostly for myself as a reminder, because I have to deal with such a situation very often during the labs on our Cisco UC courses. Unfortunately I always forget the CUCM CLI commands and have to search them in the net 😀. The problem is that the students enter wrong passwords for the CUCM CM Administration account several times, and the CUCM simply locks the administrator account after unsuccessful attempts. Then it is not possible to enter the CM Administration for some time. Let's see how we can unlock the account (we use CUCM 12.5).

You can unlock the administrator account for the CM Administration with the CLI of your CUCM. So, first connect to your CUCM Publisher server with any SSH client (Putty or similar), and then enter the Platform Administration credentials for your server. 

After being authenticated, you have to reset the password for the CM Administration interface. This automatically unlock this account. Use the following commands as it is shown below:

admin:utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password

New password:* - type your new password after * and press Enter

Confirm new Password:* confirm your new password after * and press Enter 


------------------ utils reset_ui_administrator_password ------------------------


Reset user interface password

admin:

Then you can immediately enter the CM Administration interface again with your new password. If want to keep your existing password, then repeat these command one more time and change the password again to your old one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment